This training explores what is meant by positive risk-taking, looking at how positive risk-taking can encourage, enable and empower individuals with disabilities to live their lives as they choose.
By the end of the course, learners will have gained knowledge and understanding of …
- The importance of risk-taking in everyday life for individuals with disabilities
- Individuals with disabilities having the same rights as everyone else to take risks
- How to support individuals with disabilities to take decisions about risk-taking
- The importance of a positive, person centred approach to risk assessment
- The legal and policy framework underpinning an individual with a disability’s right to make decisions
- How to support individuals with disabilities to manage identified risk
- The importance of considering with an individual with disabilities the risks associated with the choices they make
- The importance of a partnership approach to risk-taking.