The Introduction to Autism workshop is relevant to children and adults.
- To understand what the characteristics of an autism spectrum disorder are and how the impact of these are individualised.
- To understand the differences in presentation between Asperger Syndrome and autism.
- To understand the differences in presentation between females and males on the spectrum.
- To understand the impact of sensory integration on the individual.
- To gain knowledge of assessment tools to understand WHY a behaviour/communication occurs.
- To gain knowledge around the different types of interventions that can be put in place.
- To understand what a positive outcome for someone with an autism spectrum disorder is.