Handling Medication in Social Care
(Train the Trainer course)
At the end of this course trainers will have the materials to deliver a one day course with the following outcomes:
- Understand what is meant by “The principles of care” in relation to handling medication, and how these should and can be applied when supporting any individual with their medication routine.
- Appreciate the importance of continuous risk assessment and individual circumstances & support plans.
- Have an appreciation of the legal framework which underpins the policies and procedures laid down by employers in relation to supporting people with their medication;
- Have an appreciation of both personal and organisational accountability and responsibility, and to know who makes the important decisions regarding medication.
- Be more confident about “Safe handling of medication”(The 7 ‘Rights’ when handling medication)
- Understand the importance of sharing information appropriately and working consistently with procedures in a team setting and when working alone.
- Recognise common issues, problems and dilemma’s
- Be more familiar with organisation’s own policy on handling medication and supporting individuals with medication.
Date of Training: 25 March, 2020 9.30 am to 4.30 pm
Venue: ARC Scotland, Unit 11 Hardengreen Business Centre, Eskbank, Dalkeith EH22 3NX
(there is free car parking available)
Cost: £250 per person
(Tea and coffee will be available on arrival and a light buffet lunch will be provided)
To book a place email [email protected]
or Phone 0131 663 4444.