ARC Scotland are delivering a Handling Medication in Social Care Train the Trainer course. At the end of this course trainers will have the materials to deliver a one day course with the following outcomes:
- Understand what is meant by “The principles of care” in relation to handling medication, and how these should and can be applied when supporting any individual with their medication routine.
- Appreciate the importance of continuous risk assessment and individual circumstances & support plans.
- Have an appreciation of the legal framework which underpins the policies and procedures laid down by employers in relation to supporting people with their medication;
- Have an appreciation of both personal and organisational accountability and responsibility, and to know who makes the important decisions regarding medication.
- Be more confident about “Safe handling of medication” (The 7 ‘Rights’ when handling medication)
- Understand the importance of sharing information appropriately and working consistently with procedures in a team setting and when working alone.
- Recognise common issues, problems and dilemma’s.
- Be more familiar with organisation’s own policy on handling medication and supporting individuals with medication.
Date for this course will be 30 November 2020
9.45am to 4.15pm
The course will be held by means of Webinar or similar social media platform. It will be essential that you have a laptop with a camera and audio.
The cost to attend this course is £250 per person.
Should you wish to book a place please contact
Muriel McLeod on 0131 663 4444 or
email [email protected]