ARC Scotland are delivering a Handling Medication in Social Care Train the Trainer course. At the end of this course trainers will have the materials to deliver a one day course with the following outcomes:
- Understand what is meant by “The principles of care” in relation to handling medication, and how these should and can be applied when supporting any individual with their medication routine.
- Appreciate the importance of continuous risk assessment and individual circumstances & support plans.
- Have an appreciation of the legal framework which underpins the policies and procedures laid down by employers in relation to supporting people with their medication;
- Have an appreciation of both personal and organisational accountability and responsibility, and to know who makes the important decisions regarding medication.
- Be more confident about “Safe handling of medication” (The 7 ‘Rights’ when handling medication)
- Understand the importance of sharing information appropriately and working consistently with procedures in a team setting and when working alone.
- Recognise common issues, problems and dilemma’s.
- Be more familiar with organisation’s own policy on handling medication and supporting individuals with medication.
Date for this course will be 8 September 2021
9.45am to 4.15pm
The course will be held by means of Webinar or similar social media platform. It will be essential that you have a laptop with a camera and audio.
The cost to attend this course is £250 per person.
Should you wish to book a place please contact
Muriel McLeod on 0131 663 4444 or
email [email protected]