The justice system is complex and confusing to most of us. Without support, people with learning disabilities and autism, and other communication support needs, are at especially increased risk of being both unfairly disadvantaged in the justice system, and of coming into conflict with the Law.
These two half day sessions are intended to increase our understanding of the vital contribution the 3rd sector can make to helping support fairer and more equal access to justice, and create communities that are safer for all of us.
At the end of this course learners will have:
- An insight into the challenges people with LD and ASD face in the justice system and the importance of fair and equal access to justice
- An understanding of underlying causes of offending
- An overview of the processes within the Justice System
- The role of supporting people through the criminal process
- How to avoid and prevent offending behaviour
The course will be facilitated by means of Webinar or similar social media platform. It will be essential that you have a laptop with a camera and audio.
Dates of this course will be Tuesday 17th August & 24th August 2021
10.00am – 12.30pm
You will be required to attend both half day sessions
The cost to attend both sessions is £95 per person
Should you wish to book a place please contact
Diane Eaton on 0131 663 4444 or
email [email protected]