Adult Support and Protection Awareness Training
By the end of the day each participant should:
- Be aware and understand the implications of the legislation for Adult Support and Protection.
Understand and recognise what is meant by:
- An Adult at Risk
- Danger, harm, exploitation and neglect
- Types of associated risks.
- Signs and symptoms of harm
- Patterns of harm
- Be clear that you have a duty to report suspected, witnessed and/or actual harm.
- Be clear to whom you should report suspected, witnessed and/or actual harm.
- Be aware of the dilemmas in the area of adult protection eg the right to make choices vs. the right to protection, confidentiality vs. information sharing
- Be aware of the key legal concepts relevant to the protection of adults at risk
- Be aware of the inter-agency, multidisciplinary nature of adult protection eg at the stage of alert/referral, investigation, case conference, risk assessment and adult protection plan.
Date of Training: 18 March 2020 10.00 am to 4.30 pm
Venue: ARC Scotland, Unit 11 Hardengreen Business Centre, Eskbank, Dalkeith EH22 3NX
(there is free car parking available)
Cost: £95 per person
(Tea and coffee will be available on arrival and a light buffet lunch will be provided).
To book a place email [email protected]
or Phone 0131 663 4444.