ARC Scotland facilitates the Dundee Learning Disability Provider Forum. This group has membership from service provider organisations and other agencies and individuals who are interested in ensuring people with learning difficulties have access to high quality services and to a good life in their community. The Local Authority and on occasion the NHS attend the meetings for part of the time to share information and discuss issues of mutual interest.
The group meetings are used to:
- Work together to share good practice and live issues.
- Provide an opportunity for working in partnership with health and social care colleagues.
- Contribute to the strategic development planning process.
- Improve the quality of health for people receiving support.
- Develop and sustain high quality personalised services that promote well being, independence, resilience, involvement and inclusion.
- Improve skills and knowledge in the workforce
The Forum is chaired by one of the members of the group, who is elected by Forum Members. The Chairperson chairs Forum meetings, help to draw up the Agenda with the Facilitator, identifies guest speakers to be invited, attends other groups and meetings and takes other appropriate action on behalf of the Forum and its membership as required. The current Chairperson is Gillian Dunlop from Capability Scotland.
The Forum is facilitated by ARC Scotland team member Brid Cullen. She is responsible for: organising meetings, inviting guest speakers, taking minutes, maintaining a list of members and circulating information and papers to the members and other appropriate people connected to the Forum.
- 31 January 2019
- 28 March 2019
- 20 June 2019
- 12 September 2019
- 28 November 2019
Anyone with an interest in Learning Disability is welcome to attend.
Sense Scotland, Sangobeg House, 4 Francis Street, Dundee, DD3 8HH Time: 9.30 - 12.30
Information from Meetings
ARC Scotland Report Published 2015:
- Agenda Dundee LD Forum 31 January 2019
- Agenda Dundee LD Forum 28 March 2019
- Agenda Dundee LD Forum 20 June 2019
The Provider Forum keeps up to date with local and national information and activity around key Government policies:
The Keys to Life
Self Directed Support
The Social Care (Self-directed Support) (Scotland) Act 2013 places a duty on local authority social work departments to offer people who are eligible for social care a range of choices over how they receive their support. More information at:
- Scottish Government – Self-directed Support
- Self-directed Support in Scotland
- Presentation: Dundee Providers Forum SDS Implementation