ARC Scotland facilitates the Angus Social Care Providers Forum. This group has membership from service provider organisations and other agencies and individuals who are interested in ensuring people with learning difficulties have access to high quality services and to a good life in their community. The Local Authority and on occasion the NHS attend the meetings for part of the time to share information and discuss issues of mutual interest.
The group meetings are used to:
- Work together to share good practice and live issues.
- Provide an opportunity for working in partnership with health and social care colleagues.
- Contribute to the strategic development planning process.
- Improve the quality of health for people receiving support.
- Develop and sustain high quality personalised services that promote well being, independence, resilience, involvement and inclusion.
- Improve skills and knowledge in the workforce
The Forum sets a work plan each year, outlining the priority areas that members want to work on and the outcomes they would like to achieve. This is reviewed and updated regularly at meetings.
The Forum also invites speakers on issues of relevance and organises occasional workshops and events to allow for fuller discussion, learning and development around specific themes.
The Forum is chaired by one of the members of the group, who is elected each year at the Annual Review meeting. The Chairperson is the source of contact for the Local Authority, NHS or anyone else who wishes to engage with the Forum. S/he will chair the Forum meeting, help to draw up the Agenda, attend other groups and meetings, write letters and take other appropriate action on behalf of the Forum and its membership. Helen Young from Turning Point Scotland is the elected Chair of the Forum.
The Forum is facilitated by ARC Scotland team member Catherine Dempsey. She is responsible for: organising meetings, inviting guest speakers, taking minutes, maintaining a list of members and circulating information and papers to the members and other appropriate people connected to the Forum.
- Wednesday 4th March 2020
- Wednesday 3rd June 2020
- Wednesday 2nd September 2020
- Wednesday 2nd December 2020
Anyone with an interest in Social Care is welcome to attend.
Venue: The Cross Forfar, Voluntary Action Angus, DD8 0SA Meetings take place from 10.00am – 1.00pm
Information from Meetings
ARC Scotland Report Published 2015:
- Angus Social Care PF Agenda 13 February 2019
- Angus Social Care PF Agenda 12 June 2019
- Angus Social Care PF Agenda 4th Dec 2019
The Provider Forum keeps up to date with local and national information and activity around key Government policies:
The Keys to Life
The Keys to Life is the Scottish Government’s Strategy for improving the quality of life for people with learning disabilities. For more information visit keystolife.info.
Self Directed Support
The Social Care (Self-directed Support) (Scotland) Act 2013 places a duty on local authority social work departments to offer people who are eligible for social care a range of choices over how they receive their support. More information at: